Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator
The Gabriel Project of WV seeks a dynamic, hard-working individual as our full-time Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator. Please review full job description & qualifications below before applying.
Status: Part-time orientation training in December 2022 at a salary rate of $14 per hour, not to exceed 25 hrs/wk. Full-time employment beginning January 3, 2023. Annual salary of $29,000 – $32,000, based on qualifications. No health insurance or retirement benefits.
Current Office Base: Wheeling, West Virginia
Reports to: State Executive Director
The Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation and direction of the Gabriel Project within an assigned multi-county geographic area. WV counties currently assigned to the area are: Brooke, Doddridge, Hancock, Marion, Marshall, Ohio, Pleasants, Ritchie, Tyler, Wetzel and Wood. The Northern Programs Chapter also offers services to families residing in adjacent border counties. The Chapter Coordinator works with an advisory commission and other volunteers, and under the direction and supervision of the State Executive Director, to plan, implement and support the programs and activities of the Gabriel Project within the chapter area.
The Chapter Coordinator is based at the chapter office but is required to travel throughout the chapter area as necessary to fulfill the position’s duties and responsibilities. Occasional travel outside the chapter area is required to attend approved meetings and conferences.
For general information about the Gabriel Project of WV, visit our website at: gabrielwv.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising, volunteer management, and community relations are the primary responsibilities of the Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solicit and encourage in-kind and monetary donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, schools and churches for baby items and chapter operations.
- Work with local Gabriel Project site volunteers, the chapter advisory commission and the State Office in planning and implementing fundraising activities to maintain and expand chapter operations and services.
- Recruit members of the chapter advisory commission and meet regularly with the commission on fundraising initiatives and additional chapter programs and needs.
- Manage funding grants and work with the State Executive Director to identify and prepare grant proposals. Maintain a working relationship with grant funders and submit required grant reports.
- Develop and deliver presentations to churches and to community and civic groups. Participate in community activities to provide information about the Gabriel Project’s mission, services and funding needs.
- Publicize and promote the chapter and its programs, services and fundraising activities through social media platforms, mass media outlets, email inquiries and marketing, church announcements and other avenues.
- Recruit volunteers, interns and churches to participate in the Gabriel Project.
- Train and supervise volunteers and/or interns providing direct client services and support services at the chapter office.
- Provide ongoing guidance, direction and oversight to local client services sites and their volunteers. Assure compliance with the Gabriel Project’s Memorandum of Understanding.
Other duties and responsibilities of the Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator are:
- Purchase and distribute baby items as necessary and within funding resources to fulfill client needs at the chapter office and local client services sites.
- Encourage increased client parenting skills by providing information materials and other learning opportunities at the chapter office and at local client services sites.
- Network with community social services organizations and governmental agencies to share information and for mutual client referrals and funding initiatives.
- Maintain record of expenses, revenues and other financial transactions and provide these records to the State Office on a regular basis.
- Administer the chapter office and maintain or oversee the maintenance of the chapter database, donor lists, mailing lists and other operational records and files.
- Work with the State Office in developing and implementing an annual budget for the chapter.
- Perform other duties as necessary for the effective operation of the chapter and its client services or as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to Gabriel Project of WV policies and procedures in the fulfillment of all Northern Chapter Coordinator duties and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- One or more years of demonstrated experience in fundraising, volunteer supervision, social services, and/or nonprofit organization management. Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in more than one of these areas.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills including familiarity with Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Interest, enthusiasm, and affinity for working with families and babies.
- Sensitivity to the needs of low-income people.
- Strong partnership building and event planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively solve problems, yet be a team player.
- Ability to understand and prepare bank deposits, financial records and budgets.
- Ability to maintain client, donor and financial record confidentiality.
- Possess initiative, a positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, good judgment, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under deadlines.
- Willing and able to work within an interfaith environment.
Position requires reliable and consistent personal vehicle access, valid driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance coverage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply:
E-mail cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Or mail to: Gabriel Project of WV, PO Box 4663, Charleston, WV 25364.
No phone calls, please! Position open until filled.