Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator
The Gabriel Project of WV seeks a dynamic, hard-working individual to manage and administer our Northern Programs Chapter.
Status: Full-Time Employment. Salary: $30,000 – $33,000 annually depending on qualifications. No health insurance or retirement benefits.
Office Base: Wheeling, West Virginia. Local and occasional regional travel required.
Reports to: State Executive Director
The Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation and direction of the Gabriel Project within an assigned multi-county geographic area. The Chapter Coordinator works with an advisory commission and other volunteers, and under the direction and supervision of the State Executive Director, to plan, implement and support the programs and activities of the Gabriel Project within the chapter area.
For general information about the Gabriel Project of WV, visit our website at: gabrielwv.org.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Fundraising, volunteer management, and community relations are the primary responsibilities of the Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Solicit and encourage in-kind and monetary donations from individuals, businesses, organizations, schools and churches for baby items and chapter operations.
- Work with local Gabriel Project site volunteers, the chapter advisory commission and the State Office in planning and implementing fundraising activities to maintain and expand chapter operations and services.
- Recruit members of the chapter advisory commission and meet regularly with the commission on fundraising initiatives and additional chapter programs and needs.
- Manage funding grants and work with the State Executive Director to identify and prepare grant proposals. Maintain a working relationship with grant funders and submit required grant reports.
- Develop and deliver presentations to churches and to community and civic groups. Participate in community activities and networking to provide information about the Gabriel Project’s mission, services and funding needs.
- Publicize and promote the chapter and its programs, services and fundraising activities through social media platforms, mass media outlets, email inquiries and marketing, church announcements and other avenues.
- Recruit volunteers, interns and churches to participate in the Gabriel Project.
- Train and supervise volunteers and/or interns providing direct client services and support services at the chapter office and local client services sites.
Other duties and responsibilities of the Northern Programs Chapter Coordinator are:
- Purchase and distribute baby items as necessary and within funding resources to fulfill client needs at the chapter office and local client services sites.
- Maintain record of expenses, revenues and other financial transactions and provide these records to the State Office on a regular basis.
- Administer the chapter office and maintain or oversee the maintenance of the chapter database, donor lists, mailing lists and other operational records and files.
- Perform other duties as necessary for the effective operation of the chapter and its client services or as assigned by supervisor.
- Adhere to Gabriel Project of WV policies and procedures in the fulfillment of all Northern Chapter Coordinator duties and responsibilities.
NOTE: Direct client services are NOT a primary responsibility of this position, although may be occasionally necessary on an emergency basis.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in relevant field. Other post-secondary education may be considered.
- One or more years of demonstrated experience in fundraising, volunteer supervision, social services, and/or nonprofit organization management is preferred.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills including public speaking.
- Excellent written communication and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills including familiarity with Email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Sensitivity to the needs of low-income people.
- Strong partnership building and event planning skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively solve problems, yet be a team player.
- Ability to understand and prepare bank deposits, financial records and budgets.
- Ability to maintain client, donor and financial record confidentiality.
- Possess initiative, a positive “can-do” attitude, flexibility, good judgment, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task under deadlines.
- Willing and able to work within an interfaith environment.
Position requires reliable and consistent personal vehicle access, valid driver’s license and vehicle liability insurance coverage. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply:
E-mail cover letter & resume to: email@example.com
Or mail to: Gabriel Project of WV, PO Box 4663, Charleston, WV 25364.
No phone calls, please! Position open until filled.