GABRIEL PROJECT OF WEST VIRGINIA
Job Title: DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING SPECIALIST
Status: Part-time employment (15-20 hours per week)
Reports to: State Executive Director
Office Base: Charleston, West Virginia
Local and in-state travel required (see note below)
Gabriel Project of WV seeks a dynamic, outgoing Development & Marketing (D&M) Specialist for our rapidly growing nonprofit organization. This part-time position requires a creative, detail-oriented and personable go-getter, dedicated and highly organized to multi-task within a limited work schedule.
This position is part-time, 15 – 20 hours per week. $12 – $14 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications. Hours and salary range are not negotiable. This is a salaried position, not contractual.
About the Organization:
Now in our 20th year, the Gabriel Project of WV is an independent, nonprofit direct services organization providing necessary baby items at no or low cost to needy families. These items include new cribs, new car seats, diapers, formula, clothing, hygiene products and other baby items. We also offer emotional support, general information about baby care and child development, and referrals to other community resources. Gabriel Project assistance is provided by trained volunteers working from service sites in local churches and our three chapter offices. The D&M Specialist will not provide direct services to clients.
The Gabriel Project is faith-based, but ecumenical. Our services are open to all families in need without discrimination. Last year we assisted over 11,000 families from 26 WV counties and border areas in Ohio. For more information about the Gabriel Project of WV, visit our website: gabrielwv.org.
The Development & Marketing Specialist will perform fundraising and marketing activities to support the Gabriel Project State Office and its chapters.
The D&M Specialist will maintain and expand the Gabriel Project’s current funding, as well as effectively and aggressively develop new sources of revenue to support the Gabriel Project’s programs, operations and vision plan. The D&M Specialist will report to the State Executive Director and work in partnership with other Gabriel Project staff and interested volunteers to design, implement and expand fundraising and related marketing activities at all levels of the organization and consistent with the Gabriel Project’s mission.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive fundraising plan, including an action timetable, to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
- Cultivate ongoing relationships with and secure funding from current and potential individual, business, organization, and public entity donors and sponsors.
- Create and execute strategies to build a large sustained base of annual donors.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase congregational financial support.
- Develop and implement fundraising events and activities.
- Engage in research to identify new individual, business, organization, and public entity funding prospects.
- Work with the State Executive Director in the preparation of grant funding proposals and reports to foundations, other funding sources and governmental entities.
- Actively network with community organizations as appropriate for expanded resource sharing and fundraising development.
- Work with the Executive Director in developing and distributing materials for print, web and video media to raise public awareness of the Gabriel Project’s mission, programs, and funding needs.
- Create and electronically distribute the organization’s newsletter.
- Regularly generate, edit, publish and share content on various social media networks to build meaningful client and donor connections for the Gabriel Project and its chapters.
- Maintain a donor database and prepare appreciation letters and receipts.
- Assist outstationed Gabriel Project staff and volunteers in organizing, implementing and promoting fundraising and marketing activities in their region or local community.
- Perform other duties as assigned or approved by supervisor.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
- At least one to two years of experience in marketing, direct sales, business development, nonprofit operations or nonprofit fundraising. Will consider a recent college graduate with relevant internship or volunteer experience who otherwise meets minimum qualifications and demonstrates aptitude for the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills, particularly public speaking.
- Excellent written communication and research skills, including the ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office software and desktop publishing.
- Familiarity with the internet, email, and social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Experience with marketing campaigns and/or event planning is desirable.
- Strong relationship building skills, including the willingness and ability to cold-contact and cultivate prospective donors.
- Dynamic, creative, positive and highly motivated. Interest, enthusiasm and affinity for fundraising, marketing and working with all types of people.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with good judgment, initiative, flexibility, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while developing and reaching meaningful and realistic goals.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Ability to understand financial records and budgeting.
- Ability to maintain client, donor and financial record confidentiality.
- Willing and able to work within an ecumenical, faith-based environment.
Note: Local and in-state travel is required with reliable and consistent personal vehicle access and valid driver’s license. Occasional overnight travel may be necessary.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or mail cover letter and resume to: Gabriel Project of WV, PO Box 4663, Charleston, WV 25364.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2017. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE. If you have questions about the position, contact us through the email above.